Before the Coronavirus (COVID-19) appeared, has your workforce been largely office-based? Is this the first time you and your team have been working 100% virtually? If so, then this Webinar is for you! As enterprises have been growing far and wide, often international in scope, we find ourselves as executives and managers with our talent spread farther and farther, often at dozens and hundreds of locations. How do we 'get a better handle on all this?
The speed of everything has changed. Are your time management skills up to the challenge?
Do you put off more today than you can ever accomplish tomorrow exhaust yourself by 4:00 p.m. with only a fraction of your work done see yourself as a decision maker who never gets around to making decisions dread the next business meeting-or worse, going back to your desk to see what voice mails and emails await you? If you're doing more and enjoying it less, it's time to get out of the time trap and back to productive management! This webinar gives you practical techniques for controlling time and making it a manageable resource.
Why you should Attend:
Are you managing your entire team remotely?
Are you concerned about how much time and productivity your people are wasting?
What about lost energy, efficiency and effectiveness, especially because people are overtasked and overburdened?
Would you like to gain an extra 30 minutes each day?
Would you like to improve your concentration and increase your efficiency?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then come laugh, listen and learn as Chris DeVany leads us all through those important topics, key questions and answers we all need to be able to address effectively to improve our team members' and team's performance, no matter how widely distributed everyone is!
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Maintain Order While Managing Long-Distance
- How to give multiple locations a business "road map" that'll keep them headed in the right direction
- How to create crystal-clear procedures that off-site staff will follow to the letter
- Expert insight on "friendly" competition between sites could this be doing your company more harm than good?
- Discuss today's long-distance management challenges and brainstorm possible solutions
- How to quickly smooth things over when you have to lay down the law and enforce an unpopular policy from a distance
- The one action you must take if you want to significantly slow down the paper blizzard from multiple locations
- Self-Evaluation: How Do You Manage Your Time
- Take the Time-Mastery Profile® to identify how you spend your time
- Highlight your strengths and challenges with time
- Identify timewasters and learn how to avoid them using new techniques
- Concentration and Focus
- Learn techniques that will help you complete your tasks at a faster rate
- Discuss how to handle distractions and interruptions-both self- and other-imposed
- Planning to Succeed
- Refine the planning process and goal-setting system using the SMART technique
- Decision Making and Prioritizing
- Align your priorities with your goals for better decision making
- Learn about "the window of opportunity" to determine the most appropriate course of action
- Getting Organized
- Learn the principles of organization to eliminate clutter and maintain order and effective filing systems
- Learn to manage your phone, e-mail and electronic files
- Establishing Boundaries to Create Balance
- Learn when to say "yes" and when to say "no"
- Say "yes" to yourselfby saying "no" to others
- Create quiet zones to think, reflect and concentrate
- Build a commitment to your own time-management plan -it's up to you!
- Setting SMART Goals
- SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timely
- What are my roles?
- What weekly goal will I set for each role?
- TOPPS: Task, Objective, Product, Program, Schedule
- OPICS: Output, Product, Input, Conditions, Standards
- Setting milestones
- Working the Plan
Who Will Benefit:
- Managing your entire team remotely
- Achieve better results through more effective planning and clarifying objectives
- Delegate effectively and free yourself for bigger tasks
- Set group goals and priorities
- Eliminate the time wasters
- Handle interruptions and distractions
- Say no to unreasonable demands
- Redirect your efforts to the most important and valid tasks
- Make sure there is time in the day for you
- Learn strategies to improve concentration and increase your efficiency
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Regional Vice President
- Area Supervisor
Chris DeVany is the founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organization development. Pinnacle's clients include global organizations such as Visa International, Cadence Design Systems, Coca Cola, Sprint, Microsoft, Aviva Insurance, Schlumberger and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. He also has consulted to government agencies from the United States, the Royal Government of Saudi Arabia, Canada, Cayman Islands and the United Kingdom.
He has published numerous articles in the fields of surviving mergers and acquisitions, surviving change, project management, management, sales, team-building, leadership, ethics, customer service, diversity and work-life balance, in publications ranging from ASTD/Performance In Practice to Customer Service Management. His book, "90 Days to a High-Performance Team", published by McGraw Hill and often accompanied by in-person, facilitated instruction, has helped and continues to help thousands of executives, managers and team leaders improve performance.
He has appeared hundreds of times on radio and television interview programs to discuss mergers and acquisitions (how to manage and survive them), project management, sales, customer service, effective workplace communication, management, handling rapid personal and organizational change and other topical business issues.
He has served or is currently serving as a board member of the International Association of Facilitators, Sales and Marketing Executives International, American Management Association, American Society of Training and Development, Institute of Management Consultants, American Society of Association Executives, Meeting Professionals International and National Speakers Association. Chris is an award-winning Toastmaster's International Competition speaker. He recently participated in the Fortune 500 Annual Management Forum as a speaker, panelist and seminar leader.
Chris has distinguished himself professionally by serving multiple corporations as manager and trainer of sales, operations, project management, IT, customer service and marketing professionals. Included among those business leaders are Prudential Insurance, Sprint, BayBank (now part of Bank of America), US Health Care and Marriott Corporation.
He has assisted these organizations in mergers and acquisitions, facilitating post-merger and acquisition integration, developing project management, sales, customer service and marketing strategies, organizing inbound and outbound call center programs, training and development of management and new hires, and fostering corporate growth through creative change and innovation initiatives.
Chris holds degrees in management studies and organizational behavior from Boston University. He has traveled to 22 countries and 47 states in the course of his career.