The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit
Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM. Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
On the other hand, due to mandatory paid sick leave laws, many organizations are considering moving away from PTO back to a Sick/Vacation plan.
Ten states require paid sick leave. Eighteen states will pass new legislation soon to require businesses to offer paid sick leave to employees. Other states will follow suit in the next year or so and a Federal Law requiring paid sick leave seems to be getting closer and closer to being passed.
In addition to state laws, many municipalities also require paid sick leave. Do you have a Federal Contract? If so, you are required to have a sick leave policy.
Do you have a contract with a municipality? If so, have you checked to see if you have to offer paid sick leave? With the passage of these laws, PTO may become obsolete as many states require payment of unused PTO upon termination, however the same states do not require payment of unused sick leave.
Why you should Attend:
Participants will come away from this webinar with a better understanding of:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Knowing how the trends of offering mandatory sick leave to employees will affect their organization
- Developing a plan to institute the changes necessary to comply with mandatory sick leave laws
- How to conduct a cost analysis to decide which type of plan is best for your organization
- How to maintain consistency in your time off benefit in various geographic areas of the country
- How to develop and communicate changes in time off policies
Who Will Benefit:
- Current mandatory Paid Sick Leave Laws in place
- A review of pending legislation
- A comparison of PTO policies vs. Sick/Vacation
- Conducting a cost-benefit analysis for both plans
- Planning for change
- Communication the change
- Action Items for participants
- Human Resources Professionals
- Payroll Administrators
- Benefits Professionals
- Business Managers
Bob McKenzie, has over 40 years of human resources management experience. His background includes a wide range of hands-on experience in all areas of Human resources management in all types of industries within the public and private sectors.
Bob has been cited in a number of Human Resources trade publications. Among them are HR.com, HR Magazine, HR Florida Review, Vault.com, BNA and the Institute of Management and Administration and the Business Journal. He has been a speaker at a number of conferences as well as audio and web-based seminars.
Bob is a graduate of Rider University where he received a Bachelor of Science in Commerce Degree and double majored in Industrial Relations and Organizational Behavior.