This webinar takes a practical look at discipline and termination as part of effective performance management.
You'll learn about different kinds of discipline policies and some of the legal implications of using discipline. You'll also explore some best practices for deciding: when and what kind of discipline to use, how to document it, and how to implement it. Importantly, you'll also look at how your own conduct can contribute to performance management problems on your teams. In addition, you'll learn about the need to view and position discipline as a positive tool rather than as an oppressive or punitive one. The webinar will also review some best practices for termination, including topics such as documentation, timing, implementation and post-termination concerns.
Why you should attend
: No matter what your job is, the most difficult and time consuming part of it is managing and supervising people. Your success, and that of your teams, depends on your ability to use different performance management techniques to everyone’s' advantage. Understanding what those techniques are and how to use them properly is critical to your success. When the time comes, and it will come, that you need to use discipline or termination with team members, you should have the practical information necessary for doing it well. You should understand the reasons for your actions and be able to articulate them clearly, be aware of possible legal ramifications, follow best practices, act consistently, and document properly. In this webinar, you'll look closely at several practical aspects of these issues so that you're better prepared to be an effective leader and participate in your teams' successes.
Areas Covered In the Seminar:
Who will benefit:
- Manager/Supervisor responsibility for overall performance management
- Impact of failing to address performance issues or addressing them inappropriately
- Use of discipline and termination as two of the tools of performance management
- Types of discipline policies
- Legal issues to consider when using discipline or termination
- Assessing performance issues - best practices
- Understanding managers/supervisor contributions to performance issues
- Best practices for writing disciplinary and termination documents
- Best practices for implementing discipline and termination
- Documenting discipline and termination meetings
- Post-termination considerations
- Managers, Directors and Administrators
- Employment Managers
- Human Resources Professionals
- Training Directors
- Compliance professionals